My essays Grade 10-save the environment
My essays Grade 10-save the environment-(පරිසරය සුරකිමු රචනාව) -written by Lisara Fernando
9 Simple Things You Can Do to Help Save the Environment
- 3R – Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three “R’s” to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed, too.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy-efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also, flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Don’t send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
- Bike more. Drive less.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
THE NATIONAL E-LEARNING PORTAL FOR THE GENERAL EDUCATION
The e-thaksalawa is made up of resources developed straightened to grade 1 to 13 syllabus materials such as creative lessons, all learning resources including past papers, term papers, questions, syllabuses, textbooks, teacher instructional manuals in Sinhala Tamil and English.